Something as simple as a traditional wick-burning candle can be difficult and dangerous for seniors to use. Luckily there are all types of battery-operated or “flameless” candles on the market. I really love the Restoration Hardware Wax Flameless Pillar Candles (pictured above).
- These candles really look and feel like traditional wick-burning candles. They have a paraffin wax coating and the wick is dark brown to give the illusion of having been lite. When the candle is on, it gives off a warm glow and flickers like a traditional wick-burning candle.
- Safe is so many ways. No need for matches, which means no risk of getting burned or catching fire.
- No soot or smoke that comes with wick-burning candles.
- Comes in 12 sizes
- Candles require 2 C batteries, which are not included.
- Place the candle on a protective base to avoid wax marks or oil deposits. I put mine on small coasters, which you don’t even notice.
- If you want the ultimate in ease, you can purchase a remote control. I haven’t tried this but it’s an option.
Photo Credit: Restoration Hardware